Wot are you on about ?
TBH this has been superceded by Lability which is much better. just google that. It’s much better than the trash I did
If you‘re trying a lot of random stuff , you probably end up spinning up a lot of evaluation domains. 6 months is quite a long time but even so, remaking the whole thing is a total pain in the hoop.
Sure you can use Azure, and should for some of it. But what if you‘re going on a train journey or want to try new Server 2016 junk, Am I meant to install this stuff myself? using my hands and my eyes and my face ?. Yep. ┬áOR you can use this script I‘ve been working on. It only does the initial bit at the moment though
Egg Shen: See? That was nothing. But that‘s how it always begins. Very small.
Now. Some caveats, It‘s not super optimised and it‘s a bit beta but it‘s not too shabby either.
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!
What this will do for you is
- Extract your evaluation ISO
- Create a customised autounattend.xml so you can make up your own Domain ame etc
- Move the customised autounattend into the extracted files with an admin name and so on
- Turn the extracted files with autounattend into a bootable iso again
- Create a gen 1 VM in Hyper V ┬áwith VHD
- Hook the ISo we made up to the VM and boot it up, starting the install.
- All you need to do is manually select your install TYPE (gui/no gui) , rest should complete auto.
That‘s pretty cool, you‘re v handsome.
Thanks ! Help me test it ? make it better?
Do I need any stuff?
Yep, at the moment you will need
Hyper-V feature installed on.
Download and install 7Zip
You‘ll need to scroll through the script and edit some file paths / usernames /passwords but tbh you should be scrolling through scripts some random maniac has posted on a website before you run them on your PC.
Cmon, you‘re not an Apple user.
Or maybe you are. #PowershellCore.
You can get the script you need (Createfirstdconshot) from┬https://github.com/gabrielmccoll/TestLab